Elana’s Pantry –An Indispensible Resource for Grain Free and Paleo Recipes
Hi, I'm Dr. Marie Starling.
At The Healing Center, we help people like you reach their full potential.
I specialize in adjunctive care for internal disorders, autoimmune conditions, IBS, thyroid symptoms, diabetes, and other complex health issues.
By Jessica Yoches, CNTP, MNT
Each patient ultimately follows a diet specific to their own needs, but most are anti-inflammatory in nature, eliminating gluten, dairy, grains, or other potential allergenic foods.
Recipes are crucial during the healing process and after; finding new, easy, and exciting recipes helps facilitate sticking to a healthy and delicious diet and lifestyle.
Luckily, we have access to Elana’s Pantry, an online resource of recipes organized by diet type.
These diet types include:
- Candida Diet
- Specific Carb
- Multiple Sclerosis
Elana Amsterdam is based out of Boulder, CO and has written numerous paleo and gluten-free cookbooks. Her website is: www.elanaspantry.com
One yummy recipe she features is gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free, chocolate chip cookies:
Primal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour (not almond meal)
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup palm shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda in a food processor
- Pulse in shortening, honey, and vanilla until dough forms
- Remove blade from processor and stir in chocolate chunks by hand
- Scoop dough one level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment paperlined baking sheet
- Press balls of dough down gently
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes (do not handle prior or cookies will break)
- Serve (about 18 cookies)